Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Free upgrade to my electronics tools

I recently received a postcard in the mail from the HR department where I work. They often send out mailings that go straight in the trash, but the thing that caught my eye on this one was an offer for a $100 gift certificate. As I read more, I found out all I had to do was complete a simple health related survey and I would receive a $100 gift certificate to any place on a list of about 350 retailers.

At first, I was going to go with target because they have a good selection of things I could use. Second, I almost went with Hammacher Schlemmer because they have neat stuff. Then I thought about it more before I chose, and i decided that the best thing would be to go with Amazon.com because they have a wide variety of items to chose from.

A couple of days later I received an e-mail containing my Gift Card Code for Amazon.com. I quickly entered in this code into my account, and I had $100 in my balance!!! I held on to it for a few days while decided what I wanted, and at the same time added some things to my wish list. In the end, I ended up paying ~$40 because I went a little over, and there is multiple shipping costs from different vendors. Here is what I got for approximately $40USD:

Weller WES51













Weller ETH 1/32" Screwdriver Tip for SMD soldering
(ETA Shown)






1LB Kester 44 0.31" 60/40 Solder




















Weller SM1 Solder Dispenser
















Pretty good deal if you ask me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment